The Nursing Student Association (NSA) was created in 1989 by merging the Nursing Student Organization (NSO), a governance group, with the Student Nurses Association of Pennsylvania (SNAP). a professional organization.
As a governance group, NSA is a recognized and certified student organization within the University of Pittsburgh responsible for the function of representing nursing students within the University and the community.
As a professional organization, NSA informs nursing students of current issues affecting the profession, coordinates attendance at state and national conventions with professional networking opportunities, and serves as the liaison between students and professional nurses.
The purpose of the NSA is:
- To provide programs representative of fundamental and current professional interests and concerns.
- To participate in the orientation of newly admitted students to the baccalaureate degree program within the School of Nursing.
- To provide for student input (participation in school/university committees) concerning academic and non academic issues affecting nursing students.
- To aid in the development of the whole person and his/her responsibilities for health of people from all walks of life.
- To accept responsibility for contributing to the education of nursing students in order to provide for the highest quality of health care.
- To assist with the development and recognition of nursing students as they move through the baccalaureate degree program.
NSA 2022-2023 Board of Directors
|Vice President||Hope Karnesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Business Manager||Mary-Ella McCarthyemail@example.com|
|Professional Development Chair||Maria Santanafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Health Promotion Chair||Elli Gasseremail@example.com|
|Service Chair||Shivali Saxenafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Social Chair||Jon Garciaemail@example.com|
|Fundraising Chair||Kelly Isolafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Chair||Francine Sanoyemail@example.com|
|Mental Health Chair||Kayla Honeysettfirstname.lastname@example.org|