- Our Philosophy, Mission & Goals
- Message from the Dean
- Our Rankings
- Faculty, Research & Funding
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Academic Departments
- Administrative Departments
- International Partnerships
- Sim/Skills Lab Guidelines
- Directions, Maps, and Parking
- Enrollment Profile
- Contact Us
- COVID Information
- BSN Program
- BSN Honors
- Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN
- RN Options
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Dual DNP/PhD Program
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Online Graduate Programs
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate In Health Care Genetics
- School Nurse Certificate (online)
- Certificate Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Certificate Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP)
- Certificate: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Education Certificate
- Nursing Informatics Certificate
- Certificate in Gerontology for Nurse Practitioners
- Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- MSN/DNP Program Minors
- Certification Pass Rates and Retention Rates
- Graduate NCLEX Pass Rates
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Yearly Pass Rate
- Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Year
- Clinical Nurse Leader Year
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Year
- Family Nurse Practitioner Year
- Nurse Anesthetist Year
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner - MSN Year
- Primary Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Year
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Year
- Institutional Research Training Grants
- Center for Research & Education
- The Center for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Nursing
- Research HUBS
- Active Grants
- Undergraduate Research
- Continuing Ed
- Professional Development – Vision, Mission, Goals
- Live NCPD Activities
- Enduring/Online Activities
- SBIRT* Teaching Resources
- AP Power
- ACT 31 Requirements
- NCPD Needs Assessment
- Call for Volunteer Content Experts & Speakers
- Stay Connected
The School of Nursing and the University of Pittsburgh recognize that a student's college experience is more than what happens in the classroom.
Located on the Oakland campus of the University of Pittsburgh in Victoria Hall, the School of Nursing sits in the heart of UPMC's medical center directly adjacent to a Level I Trauma Center.
Pitt is an urban campus that encourages you to develop independence and an appreciation of cultural diversity. At the same time we’re a traditional campus with plenty of green spaces, including two nearby parks. Learn more about student life at Pitt.edu.
Schedule a campus visit or view an online tour of Pitt academic buildings, residence halls, and student gathering spots.
Current Student Resources
Moving forward as a nursing student means you need to know about resources that are available to support you. View resources related to scheduling, clearances, policies, and procedures »
Nursing Study Abroad FAQs
We know how many questions can come up when you are considering study abroad or have committed to a study abroad program. We are here to help answer these questions throughout the entire process.
At Pitt, student nursing organizations help support a student's professional, academic, and social needs. The University also offers many ways to get involved through the Office of Student Affairs.
What to Do
Check out the PITT ARTS program (which offers discounted tickets and unique arts experiences) the Cool Pittsburgh Web site, and the following calendars to see what’s happening on campus and nearby.
A Pitt student ID enables students to ride free! Transportation offered by the University of Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh's public transit system, Port Authority of Allegheny County. A “Buses Home” program also provides transportation for holidays and Spring Break.
Safety & Security
Student, faculty and staff safety while on campus are critical at The University of Pittsburgh. Students on campus late at night can take advantage of Pitt's SafeRider program.
The School of Nursing's Student Affairs & Alumni Relations (SAAR) office provides valuable support and direction that facilitates student success.