Are you looking for a career change to nursing? Graduates of a baccalaureate (non-nursing) degree may earn a BSN in only 3 consecutive terms! Current baccalaureate (non-nursing) students can plan to complete the prerequisites during their first degree, then consider the Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN as a 5th year option.
Early submission of an application is recommended. Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN applications are reviewed as per the following deadlines below. Applicants should apply online, directly to the School of Nursing:
Who can apply?
- Individuals with a baccalaureate or graduate degree in another discipline
- Senior baccalaureate students
Tracey Lang, BSN, RN
Student Advisor (Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN)
Application items include:
- Completed application
- Official transcripts of all course work taken at any university or college
- Two (2) letters of professional recommendation
- Resume (uploaded into the online application)
- Personal essay explaining how the Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN will help achieve professional goals
- INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS (in addition to above items):
- Official graduation certificate verifying degree obtained (English translation)
- Subject-specific international academic credential evaluation of official college transcript
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score - exempt if native language is English or graduate of a degree program at an accredited institution in the United States
The Board of Nursing in various states may prohibit prospective students convicted of any felonious act from licensure as a Registered Nurse. Applicants who plan to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (as well as most other states) should be advised that upon application for the Registered Nurse Licensure Examination, the Board of Nursing will inquire as to whether the applicant has been convicted of a misdemeanor, felony, felonious act, or crime of moral turpitude, an illegal act associated with alcohol, or an illegal act associated with substance abuse(s).