At the School of Nursing, we feel that our success is a direct reflection of the achievements of our graduates, whether they advance the nursing profession in the hospital, laboratory, classroom, or government office.
To acknowledge the accomplishments of our graduates, as well as their contributions to the nursing profession and the success of the School of Nursing, we offer annual alumni awards. We want to call attention to these role-model worthy nurses and nurse educators!
Nominations for 2020 Alumni Award consideration are now closed.
Honorees will be announced in spring 2020 and awarded in April 2020
Nominations are accepted on a rolling basis.
All nominations submitted February 2020-February 2021 will be considered for awards in 2021.
Do you know a Pitt alumnus/alumna who is making an amazing impact in the field of nursing? Nominate a colleague or classmate for a Pitt Nursing Alumni Award. Self-nominations are also welcome.
Nominations are being accepted in the following categories:
- PRACTICE – recognizes a Pitt Nursing graduate’s significant contributions to the profession of nursing
- RESEARCH – recognizes a Pitt Nursing graduate’s significant contributions to the field of nursing through research
- TEACHING EXCELLENCE – recognizes a Pitt Nursing graduate’s significant contributions to education and dissemination, either in the classroom or in the field
- SERVICE – recognizes a Pitt Nursing graduate’s significant contribution to the school or greater community through volunteer service
- OUTSTANDING YOUNG ALUMNI - for significant achievements early in the alumnus or alumna's career (awardees < 40 years of age)
- HONORARY ALUMNI AWARD – recognizes an individual’s or group’s dedication to the mission of Pitt Nursing and the intellectual, scientific, and economic enrichment of health care in Pennsylvania, the nation, and throughout the world.
To submit a nomination anonymously, leave the nominator contact information fields blank.
If you wish to submit any additional documents, you may attach them to the bottom of this form, or mail them to: Sarah McMullen, 3500 Victoria Street, Suite 240, Pittsburgh, PA 15261. Documents may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.