The mission of the Department of Professional Development (PD) and Continuing Nursing Education is to be a champion for the advancement of nursing science, education, and practice of professional nurses. Providing high-quality evidence-based educational activities to enhance professional nursing practice, and interprofessional development through educational activities, locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Champion scientific inquiry by sharing relevant research, evidence-based practice, and quality improvement findings.
- Design evidence-based educational activities to improve professional practice.
- Facilitate professional role development for nurse leaders, educators, advance practice nurses, alumni, and those returning to the workforce.
- Create interprofessional partnerships to provide interprofessional education.
- Ensure compliance with the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation’s Provider Unit Standards.
- Provide online orientation support for new part-time School of Nursing Faculty, Teaching Fellows/Assistants, and Preceptors, as a supplement to established University and School of Nursing programs
- Design/develop content for continuing education certificate programs for targeted audiences addressing specific learning needs, e.g., preceptor education for various practice settings, certification review programs, etc.