The mission of the Department of Professional Development and Continuing Nursing Education is to be a champion for the advancement of nursing science, education, and practice of professional nurses. Providing high-quality evidence-based educational activities to enhance professional nursing practice, and interprofessional development through educational activities, locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Champion scientific inquiry by sharing relevant research, evidence-based practice, and quality improvement findings.
- Design evidence-based educational activities to improve professional practice.
- Facilitate professional role development for nurse leaders, educators, advance practice nurses, alumni, and those returning to the work force.
- Create interprofessional partnerships to provide interprofessional education.
- Ensure compliance with the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation’s Provider Unit Standards.
- Provide online orientation support for new part-time School of Nursing Faculty, Teaching Fellows/Assistants, and Preceptors, as a supplement to established University and School of Nursing programs
- Design/develop content for continuing education certificate programs for targeted audiences addressing specific learning needs, e.g., preceptor education for various practice settings, certification review programs, etc.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of nursing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (PO229) until July 31, 2025.
Mary Rodgers Schubert, DNP, MPM, RN
3500 Victoria Street
225 Victoria Building
Pittsburgh, PA 15261