The University of Pittsburgh admits students with academic and personal promise without regard to ability to pay. Working together with your family, we will find a way to make a Pitt education a reality for you. Staff from the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid will assist students and families with the process of applying for and receiving financial aid. Please visit the University of Pittsburgh's Office of Financial Aid for more information.
There are many opportunities for graduate students to apply for scholarships. Read More.
Benefits and Enrollment
- Coverage effective 9/1 – 8/31
- Enrollment will begin on July 1 through September 15. After September 15, changes will only be permitted if the student experiences a qualified status change (e.g., marriage, divorce, birth of a child, etc.), until the next open enrollment period.
- A student health insurance newsletter will be mailed to the student’s home address in July. Information regarding plan details and rates are also available to students when they login to the EBenefits system.
- Enrollment and monthly payment of insurances is done online through my.pitt.edu.
- All questions pertaining to enrollment, benefit options, coverage details, payment options, problems receiving cards, difficulties navigating the system, etc., should be directed to UPMC Health Plan member services at 1-888-499-6885 (option 1, then option 3).
- Student Health Insurance - Enrollment for Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
All students are governed by School of Nursing Policies. Therefore, it is essential that students regularly review them. Questions about policies should be directed to the Student Affairs & Alumni Relations Office or the appropriate faculty advisor. Graduate students should also abide by Graduate Academic Regulations and Student Responsibilities
For other questions, contact Student Affairs & Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-624-4587.