The Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (Primary Care PNP) is prepared as a generalist principal provider of primary health care to children, birth through adolescence. In this leadership clinician role the Primary Care PNP assumes responsibility for promoting, maintaining and restoring health in children with emphasis on developmental and health assessment, and the diagnosis and management of well, acutely ill, and chronically ill children and adolescents in primary care and subspecialty settings. PNP’s participate in research and provide leadership in educating families and communities about child health and in mobilizing community resources for the health and safety of children. PNP’s work in collaboration with other health care professionals.
Applicants should be masters prepared primary care pediatric nurse practitioners who wish to add the DNP to their educational preparation. The online option is only available to applicants with a master’s degree in same focus.
*Courses with a "D" can be delivered synchronously via distance technology. Such courses are open only to qualified on-site students as per Policy 438.
Fall Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2044 Nursing Graduate Orientation Module 0 cr.
- NURSP 2061/2061D* Organizational and Management Theory 3 cr.
- NUR 3099/3099D* The Science of Health Care Delivery 2 cr.
- NUR 2011/2011D* Applied Statistics for Evidence-Based Practice 3 cr.
- NURSP 2075/2075D* Introduction to Health Informatics 3 cr.
Spring Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2007/2007D* Research for Evidence-Based Practice 2 2 cr.
- NUR 2680/2680D* Introduction to Genetics and Molecular Therapeutics 3 cr.
- NURNP 2518/2518D* Family Theory for NPs: Principles, Implications, and Application Across the Life Span 3 cr.
- NUR 3052/3052D* Manuscript Development 1 cr.
- NURSP 2091/2091D* Finance and Economics for Health Care Leaders 3 cr.
Summer Term (Year 1)
- NURNP 3025/3025D* Diagnosis and Management of Psychiatric Conditions in Primary Care 4 cr.
- NUR 2078/2078D* Clinical Diagnostics 3 cr.
- NUR 3050/3050D* Grant Writing 1 cr.
- NURSP 2092/2092D* Leadership Development 3 cr.
Fall Term (Year 2)
- NUR 3012/3012D* Public Policy in Healthcare 2 cr.
- NUR 3013/3013D* Ethics in Healthcare 1 cr.
- NUR 3036 Capstone Project 2 cr.
Spring Term (Year 2)
** must take a least one credit