The NNP area of concentration offers post masters to DNP preparation to those applicants who already are nationally certified NNP's masters prepared. Students may study full-time or part-time. The MSN to DNP curricula are offered onsite on the main campus in Pittsburgh or online. Selected core courses may be transmitted on-line to students who live a distance from campus (additional fees may apply).
The online option is only available to applicants with a master’s degree in same focus.
* Courses numbered as “24, 34__” are delivered synchronously via distance technology. Such courses are open only to qualified on-site students as per Policy 438.
Fall Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2044 Nursing Graduate Orientation Module 0 cr.
- NURSP 2061/2461* Organizational and Management Theory 3 cr.
- NUR 3099/3499* The Science of Health Care Delivery 2 cr.
- NURSP 2075/2475* Introduction to Health Informatics 3 cr.
- NUR 3012/3412* Public Policy in Healthcare 2 cr.
- NUR 3013/3413* Ethics in Healthcare 1 cr.
- NUR 2011/2411* Applied Statistics for Evidence-Based Practice 3 cr.
Spring Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2680/2480* Introduction to Genetics and Molecular Therapeutics 3 cr.
- NURNP 2518/2418* Family Theory for NPs: Principles, Implications, and Application Across the Life Span 3 cr.
- NUR 3052/3452* Manuscript Development 1 cr.
- NURNP 3038 DNP NP Role Practicum variable crs.**
- NURSP 2091/2491* Finance and Economics for Health Care Leaders 3 cr.
Summer Term (Year 1)
- NURNP 3025/3452* Diagnosis and Management of Psychiatric Conditions in Primary Care 4 cr.
- NUR 2078/2478* Clinical Diagnostics 3 cr.
- NUR 3050/3450* Grant Writing 1 cr.
- NURSP 2092/2492* Leadership Development 3 cr.
- NUR 3036 Capstone Project 2 cr.
- NUR 3037 Capstone Clinical 1 cr.
- NUR 2007/2407* Research for Evidence-Based Practice 2 2 cr.
** must take at least one credit