The Family (Individual Across the Lifespan) Nurse Practitioner ( FNP) is prepared as a generalist, principal provider of primary health care across the lifespan. In this clinician leadership role, the FNP assumes responsibility for promoting, maintaining, and restoring health to individuals across the life span. This includes the identification of health risks, the promotion of wellness, and the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic illness. FNPs provide leadership in quality improvement and in mobilizing community resources. They are work in collaboration with other health care professionals in a variety of primary care and subspecialty settings.
Applicants to the MSN to DNP Family (Individual Aross the Lifespan) Nurse Practitioner should be masters prepared nationally certified FNP's who wish to earn the DNP. The online option is only available to applicants with a master’s degree in same focus.
* Courses with a "D" can be delivered synchronously via distance technology. Such courses are open only to qualified on-site students as per Policy 438.
Fall Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2044 Nursing Graduate Orientation Module 0 cr.
- NURSP 2061/2061D* Organizational and Management Theory 3 cr.
- NUR 3099/3099D* The Science of Health Care Delivery 2 cr.
- NUR 3012/3012D* Public Policy in Health Care 2 cr.
- NUR 3013/3013D* Ethics in Healthcare 1 cr.
Spring Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2011/2011D* Applied Statistics for Evidence-Based Practice 3 cr.
- NUR 2680/2680D* Introduction to Genetics and Molecular Therapeutics 3 cr.
- NURNP 2546/2546D* Management: Adolescent Health Theory 2 cr.
- NUR 3052/3052D* Manuscript Development 1 cr.
- NURSP 2091/2091D* Finance and Economics for Health Care Leaders 3 cr.
Summer Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2007/2007D* Research for Evidence-Based Practice 2 2 cr.
- NURSP 2092/2092D* Leadership Development 3 cr.
- NUR 3050/3050D* Grant Writing 1 cr.
Fall Term (Year 2)
Spring Term (Year 2)
- NURNP 3038 DNP NP Role Practicum variable crs. # (1 to 10 cr.)
- NUR 3037 Capstone Clinical 1 cr.
- NURNP 2518/2518D* Family Theory for Nurse Practitioners: Principles, Implications, and Application Across the Life Span 3 cr.
Summer Term (Year 2)
- NURNP 3025/3025D* Diagnosis and Management of Psychiatric Conditions in Primary Care 4 cr.
- NUR 2078/2078D* Clinical Diagnostics 3 cr.
# Must take at least 1 credit of 3038