This on‐line, practice‐focused 36 credit doctoral program will prepare nursing leaders for the highest level of clinical nursing practice beyond the initial preparation in the discipline. Applicants will be CRNAs with an MSN degree. Throughout the program students will develop clinical, organizational, economic, and leadership skills. Specialty focused and core courses of the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing Nurse Anesthesia Program MSN to DNP curriculum will focus on evidence‐based practice, organizational and systems leadership, informatics, patient care technology for the transformation of health care, health care policy and finance, clinical error prevention, patient safety and population health, and interprofessional collaboration for improving patient and population health outcomes.
Directed cognates will be used to expand upon the students’ knowledge base within the DNP project focus area. The program will culminate in a DNP project that reflects the synthesis and application of knowledge gained throughout the curriculum. Project areas will include quality improvement projects, policy analysis, clinical demonstration projects, clinical program development and projects focused on improved patient care and safety.
Fall Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2044 Nursing Graduate Orientation Module 0 cr.
- NUR 2011 Applied Statistics for Evidence-Based Practice 3 cr.
- NUR 3099 The Science of Health Care Delivery 2 cr.
Spring Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2680 Introduction to Genetics and Molecular Therapeutics 3 cr.
- NURSP 2091 Finance and Economics for Healthcare Leaders 3 cr
Summer Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2007 Research for Evidence-Based Practice 2 2 cr.
- NURSAN 3782 Directed Seminars in Nurse Anesthesia Practice 2 cr.
Fall Term (Year 2)
- NUR 2061 Organization & Management Theory 3 cr.
- NURSAN 3784 Curriculum, Instruction and Evaluation in Nurse Anesthesia Education 3 cr.
Spring Term (Year 2)
Summer Term (Year 2)
- NURSP 2075 Introduction to Health Informatics 3 cr.
- NURSAN 3782 Directed Seminars in Nurse Anesthesia Practice 3 cr.