The Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AG-ACNP) DNP Program is designed for masters prepared AG-ACNPs who want to obtain a practice-focused doctorate. Throughout the program AG-ACNP students develop the clinical, organizational, economic, and leadership skills to design and implement programs of care delivery which significantly impact health care outcomes and have the potential to transform health care. Graduates with this terminal practice degree are prepared for roles in direct care.
*Courses with a "D" are delivered synchronously via distance technology. Such courses are open only to qualified on-site students as per Policy 438.
A sample program plan for full time study is provided below. Depending on courses completed during the previous MSN program, additional coursework may be required.
Fall Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2044 Nursing Graduate Orientation Module 0 cr.
- NUR 2011/2011D* Applied Statistics for Evidence-Based Practice 3 cr.
- NUR 3099/3099D* The Science of Health Care Delivery 2 cr.
- NUR 3012/3012D* Public Policy in Health Care 2 cr.
Spring Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2000/2000D* Research for Evidenced Based Practice 2 cr.
- NURSP 2091/2091D* Finance and Economics for Health Care Leaders 3 cr.
- NUR 2680/2680D* Introduction to Genetics and Molecular Therapeutics 3 cr.
- NUR 3052/3052D* Manuscript Development # 1 cr.
Summer Term (Year 1)
- NURSP 2092/2092D* Leadership Development 3 cr.
- NUR 3031/3031D* Methodologies for DNP Project 2 cr
- NUR 3050/3050D*# Grant Writing 1 cr.
- NURSP 2388/2388D* Database Management 2 cr.
Fall Term (Year 2)
- NURSP 2061/2061D* Organizational and Management Theory 3 cr.
- NURSP 2075/2075D* Introduction to Health Informatics 3 cr.
- NUR 3013/3013D* Ethics in Healthcare 1 cr.
Spring Term (Year 2)
- NURNP 3038 DNP NP Role Practicum 4 cr.
- NUR 3037 DNP Project Clinical 1 cr.
- NUR 3032/3032D* Data Analysis for DNP Projects 2 cr.
Successful completion of the DNP Comprehensive Exam is required.