The Fast Track Back nursing skill refresher program provides professional nurses who are not actively practicing with an update on the current trends and skills needed to care for adult medical/surgical patients in an acute care setting.
Note that this is not a reinstatement program.
Want to Learn More?
- General Requirements for Applicants
- Fast Track Back Application (currently closed)
This portion of the nursing skill refresher program covers the roles of the RN practicing today, with an emphasis on communications skills, systems review, physical assessment, pharmacology updates, and clinical decision making. Fast Track Back is taught through lecture, group discussion, independent study, clinical practice films, and exercises in the clinical skills lab and human simulation center.
Contact Hours Awarded: 33
Section I Cost: $1,250 (includes all course materials)
2019 Application process open from January 21, 2019 to March 1, 2019
Notification of acceptance: Week of March 11, 2019
FTB Section I Class dates: April 3, 10, 17, 24, May 1, 8, 2019: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
FTB Section II Clinical days: May 13 and 20, 2019 ( 6 – clinical experiences scheduled by School of Nursing faculty 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
Participants in this section will care for adult medical/surgical patients in an acute care hospital setting, under the supervision of a School of Nursing faculty member. The clinical days will be scheduled after Section I concludes.
Contact Hours Awarded: 45
Section II Cost: $1,750 (this includes liability insurance)
Clinical Sessions: Six clinical days, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Session II held weeks of May 13th and 20th, 2019
Note that you must attend all clinical days to complete the program.
For all sections:
- Current Pennsylvania nurse’s license
- Experience caring for adult medical/surgical patients in an acute care setting
- Not have been out of clinical practice for more than 15 years
- Availability to attend all sessions
Before moving to Section II:
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- All necessary physicals, immunizations, and background and criminal clearances that are required by the clinical facility