The strength of the School of Nursing's preceptors is their involvement with students. Preceptors are knowledgeable, experienced nurses who guide students in undergraduate, senior and master’s-level courses and bridge the gap between theory and practice.
The Clinical Preceptorship: A Bridge between Knowledge and Practice
The School of Nursing offers a six-module, self-paced activity for nurses who work one-on-one with nursing students. For current Pitt Nursing preceptors, the learning activity is free and available during their term as a preceptor.
- Contact Hours Awarded: 6.5
- Cost: $130
The six (6) self-paced modules are:
- Clinical Teaching Techniques
- Supervision of Students
- Communication and Conflict Resolution
- Managing the Clinical Learning Environment
- Evaluating the Student
- Addiction Training for Nurses