Inductions to the American Academy of Nursing
In November, several alumni and faculty members will be inducted as fellows to the American Academy of Nursing. This selective and prestigious honor recognizes the accomplishments of nurse leaders in education, administration, research, practice and other specialty areas.
- Susan Van Cleve (BSN ’77), University of Iowa
- Kathleen Hanna (PhD ’90), University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Valerie Howard (MSN ’95, EDUC ’07), Duke University
- Alison Colbert (PhD ’07), Duquesne University
- Diane Hupp (DNP ’14), Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC
- Rebecca Kronk (MSN ’99, EDUC ’08), Duquesne University
- Kathleen Lindell (BSN ’82, MSN ’87, PhD '07), faculty, University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing
- Jennifer Lingler (MSN ’98, PhD ’04), faculty, University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing
Save the Date for Homecoming
Pitt’s annual homecoming celebration is coming up quickly, and we hope to see you celebrate with us! University and School of Nursing homecoming events will be held from Thursday, October 4, through Saturday, October 6.
School of Nursing Luncheon
Reconnect with your alma mater and fellow alumni as we honor the 25th and 50th class reunions! The afternoon will include reserved seating for reunion alumni (all years ending in 3 and 8) and honor the classes of 1993 and 1968 with a re-pinning ceremony.
- Friday, October 5, 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center
- Register for the luncheon online.
Pitt Football Homecoming Tailgate
Enjoy a pregame buffet, musical entertainment, and special appearances by the Pitt cheerleaders, dance team, Roc the Panther, and senior administrators. You’ll also get to meet this year’s 2018 Homecoming Court! Pat Bostick, the Panther’s broadcast commentator, will stop by to give a pregame chalk talk.
- Saturday, October 6, 9 a.m. to noon
- Heinz Field, Great Lawn (white tent next to Jerome Bettis’ Grille 36 and adjacent to the Riverwalk)
- Cost is $35 per person; children 10 years old and younger are free
- Register for the tailgate, and other university homecoming activities, through Pitt’s website.