Several alumni and faculty will be inducted as fellows to the American Academy of Nursing this fall. Congratulations!
- Jann Torrance Balmer (BSN ’75), director for Continuing Medical Education, University of Virginia
- Lisa Kitko (BSN ’90), assistant professor of Nursing, Pennsylvania State University
- Grant Martsolf, professor, University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing
- Elizabeth A. Schlenk, associate professor, University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing
- Charlotte Seckman (MSN ’92), associate professor, University of Maryland School of Nursing
- Jing Wang (PhD, MSN ’10), associate professor, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Induction into the academy is a selective and prestigious honor for nurse leaders. Fewer than 200 individuals were selected for 2017, representing 50 states, the District of Columbia, and 28 countries.