The Nursing Informatics concentration can be completed online. It can be completed on a full or part-time basis. The Nursing Informatics course work includes the following courses:
0 Credit courses to be taken any term
- NUR 2008 Ethics for Advanced Practice Nursing 0 cr.
Fall Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2044 Graduate School Orientation 0 cr.
- NUR 2011 Statistics for Evidence-Based Practice 1 3 cr.
- NURSP 2075 Introduction to Health Informatics 3 cr.
- NURSP 2388 Database Management 2 cr.
- NURSP 2383 Methods in Technology Evaluation & Usability 1.5 cr.
Spring Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2000 Research for Evidence-Based Practice I 2 cr.
- NURSP 2070 Information Technology Project Management 3 cr.
- NURSP 2076 Clinical Information Systems 3 cr.
- NURSP 2098 Healthcare Quality 2 cr.
Summer Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2010 Health Promotion & Disease Prevention for Culturally Diverse Populations 3 cr.
- NURSP 2082 Informatics Theories & Issues 3 cr.
- NURSP 2092 Leadership Development 3 cr.
(Part-time – or you can take elective credits to increase the credits to meet the fulltime require of 9 credits/term)
Fall (Year 2)
- NURSP 2085 Nursing Informatics Practicum 1 3 cr.
Spring (Year 2)
- NURSP 2086 Nursing Informatics Practicum 2 3 cr.
- NURSP 2091 Finance and Economics for Healthcare Leaders 3 cr.
- Comprehensive Exam
The Practica are designed to enhance the students' active participation in a selected informatics role. Completion of this program fulfills the requirements for eligibility for the American Nurses Credentialing Center Nursing Informatics certification exam.