The MSN-DNP Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AG-ACNP) is designed for masters prepared AG-ACNPs who want to obtain a practice focused doctorate. Throughout the program AG-ACNP students develop the clinical, organizational, economic, and leadership skills to design and implement programs of care delivery which significantly impact health care outcomes and have the potential to transform health care. Graduates with this terminal practice degree are prepared for roles in direct care.
* Courses numbered as “24, 34__” are delivered synchronously via distance technology. Such courses are open only to qualified on-site students as per Policy 438.
Fall Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2044 Nursing Graduate Orientation Module 0 cr.
- NUR 2011/2411* Applied Statistics for Evidence-Based Practice 3 cr.
- NUR 3099/3499* The Science of Health Care Delivery 2 cr.
- NUR 3013/3413* Ethics in Healthcare 1 cr.
- NUR 3012/3412* Public Policy in Health Care 2 cr.
Spring Term (Year 1)
- NUR 2680/2480* Introduction to Genetics and Molecular Therapeutics 3 cr.
- NUR 2007/2407* Research for Evidenced Based Practice 2 2 cr.
- NUR 3036 Capstone Project 2 cr.
- Cognate 3 cr.
Summer Term (Year 1)
- NURSP 2075/2475* Introduction to Health Informatics 3 cr.
- NURSP 2092/2492* Leadership Development 3 cr.
- NURNP 2526/2426* Management: Geriatric Health 2 cr.
- NUR 3050/3450*# Grant Writing 1 cr.
Fall Term (Year 2)
- NURSP 2061/2461* Organizational and Management Theory 3 cr.
- NUR 2865/2465* Fundamentals of Disaster and Mass Casualty Care 2 cr.
- NUR 3037 Capstone Clinical 1 cr.
Spring Term (Year 2)
- NURNP 3038 DNP NP Role Practicum 5 cr.
- NURSP 2091/2491* Finance and Economics for Health Care Leaders 3 cr.