The PA Child Abuse History (ACT 33), PA Criminal Record Check (ACT 34), and the FBI Fingerprint Criminal History (ACT 73) clearances are required prior to clinical. While these clearances are required for all clinical settings, please note that the PA Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release (ACT 168) clearance is required for Community Health clinical placement.
Some facilities may still require yearly renewal of all clearances. Many community health settings require current clearances, and hence require annual renewal of the clearances. Students are responsible for any costs incurred to obtain these clearances.
Traditional BSN students must submit ACTS 33, 34, and 73 clearances prior to the start of the sophomore year. New clearance ACTS 33, 34, 73, and in addition 168 clearances Must be submitted clearances prior to start of senior year. These clearances must be submitted for the upcoming academic year by July 1.
Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN students must submit all clearances by the due date communicated by the academic advisor, prior to the start of the program.
RN Options students must submit all clinical clearances by the due date communicated by the academic advisor, prior to the term they begin their clinical courses.
Graduate students must submit all clearances prior to the start of the program.
Please note the following information:
- ACT 33: Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance application is processed online at: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home.
- It is recommended that you apply as: Individual 14 years of age or older who is applying for or holding a paid position as an employee with a program, activity or service, as a person responsible for the child's welfare or having direct contact with children; applying as an employee who is responsible for the child's welfare or having direct contact (providing care, supervision, guidance or control to children or having routineinteraction with children) in any of the following in which children participate and which is sponsored by a school or a public or private organization.
- You will receive an email when your results are available. You will need to log back into the website to retrieve results. PLEASE BE SURE TO KEEP YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD IN A SAFE PLACE, YOU WILL NEED THESE TO RETRIEVE YOUR RESULTS.
- ACT 34: Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check is processed online at: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp.
- It is recommended to apply as Employee
- A link to the results comes back immediately (in most cases).
- Click on the case number link to obtain the certificate. Save it to your computer and print a copy.
- ACT 73: FBI Fingerprint Criminal History is processed online at: https://www.identogo.com/services/live-scan-fingerprinting
- Enter your Zip and click on the site you plan have fingerprints completed.
- It is recommended that you apply using the DHS SERVICE CODE # 1KG756 --- Employee >=14 Years Contact w/ Children
- Your results will be sent to the mailing address listed on the application, so be sure to use a non-campus mailing address. Please be aware that results on the Act 73 application can take up to 12 weeks to come back.
- Please check the website above for approved fingerprint scan locations. Locations are updated frequently, as more sites are approved.
- For traditional BSN students, it is recommended that you do this before you leave for the summer. You must register online first, then go to the site to have your fingerprints scanned.
- Do not apply through the Department of Education.
- ACT 168: Pennsylvania Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release is to be completed by traditional BSN students prior to the start of senior year and Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN students prior to the start of the program. The ACT 168 form is available here.
- Fill out section 1 of the form then sign and date. You will upload to Project Concert BEFORE Section 2 is completed by the School of Nursing.
Copies of these clearances should be uploaded to Project Concert (the system will be available once admitted and enrolled) by the due date. Clearances can take up to 12 weeks to receive results. Please plan accordingly. You will not be permitted to attend clinical rotations without the clearances.